Over 26,000 meals have been served in 2022
Elder Care Community Council has been thriving throughout 2022. Outreach to seniors during the year has been tremendous. There are over 120 individuals on our list that receive lunch. Volunteers are crucial to make this happen as they deliver the meals to the homebound. 26,553 meals have been served in 2022 out of the kitchen at Holy Family Senior Center. The City of Apalachicola owns the building at 203 Dr. Frederick Humphries Drive and ECCC operates from this location, providing lunch to those in need Monday through Friday. The only way this is possible is through volunteers and generous donations from individuals and business in the community. Recently, a donation from the J. Ben Watkins Private Foundation provided funds to purchase a commercial grade stove and oven. If you would like to get involved with ECCC, here is a list of suggestions:
- Volunteer your time to delver meals to those in need (call 850-370-0116 for more information)
- Donate at Paypal.me/ecccfranklin
- Send a check to ECCC, PO Box 335, Eastpoint, FL 32328
- Come to Yoga class every Tuesday and Thursday 9 – 10:30am at Holy Family Senior Center sponsored by ECCC and the Department of Health in Franklin County. Beginners welcome! Chair yoga participants welcome! (Call 614-425-4548 for information)
- Shop on Amazon Smile and choose Elder Care Community Council as your charity of choice
- Attend the Health Fair on January 14 at Holy Family Senior Center
- Support ECCC at the Butts & Clucks in Apalachicola, January 20 & 21 – Food Network will be there so please join in
- Attend the Ilse Newell concert at Holy Family to support ECCC on February 11: Delta Blues
- Mark your calendar for the Volunteer Appreciation party on February 23. Details to follow!
- Mark your calendar for the 26th ECCC SGI Sizzler on July 22, 2023
- ECCC could not do the work of caring for elders without your donations and contributions. Special thanks to all the partners and donors that contributed to making the holidays bright. Help us keep demonstrating that all seniors in Franklin County know that they are important.ECCC is a 501(c)(3) community organization. The mission is to bridge the gaps in services for elders living in Franklin County. Call 850-370-0116 to get involved or if you know someone that needs assistance.