Call 850-370-0116 to see how you can get involved!
Volunteers are needed for the following opportunities:
Lunch Delivery Volunteer: Help deliver hot lunch to homebound seniors from the kitchen at Holy Family Senior Center in Apalachicola.
Neighbor Helping Neighbor is looking for volunteers to be a Friendly Visitor, a Handyperson, or Respite Volunteer.
Monarch Butterfly Buddies: The gardens at Holy Family Senior Center need attention and butterfly expert, Nancy Jones is helping us plan a butterfly garden that can be registered with MonarchWatch.org. Ongoing help is needed to care for the plants.
- Delivery of food to homebound seniors from the Franklin County Food Pantry. Deliveries are twice a month and the routes are located in Apalachicola and Eastpoint. A delivery route takes about an hour to complete.
- Daily lunches at Holy Family Senior Center in Apalachicola. Volunteers are needed to donate food ready to serve for 8-10 people. Any donations are welcome, fresh or frozen.
- Transportation: Drivers are needed to pick up participants to bring them to Holy Family Senior Center in Apalachicola for lunch or special events. We also provide transportation to essential appointments on an as needed basis.
- Spread the word about The ElderHelp Line, 800-963-5337. This number is the starting point to see what services a person might be eligible for through the Area Agency on Aging. Present information about services to seniors at local gatherings.
- Sponsors and Events: Volunteers are needed to plan, organize and carry out the Sizzler 5K Race on St. George Island, Florida. The Sizzler takes place on August 7, 2021.